Mocking Birds

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well spring has officially arrived. I got at least 4 mocking birds nesting in the trees right outside the screened in porch. There will be no peaceful evenings on the front porch now listening to the soothing sounds of frogs croaking and crickets chirping...

I can totally understand why someone wrote a book "To Kill a Mocking Bird". Even my wife's dog is agitated by them. And the neighbors Jackass is he hawing at them too.

Why won't they just shut up or go somewhere else!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There will be no peace now, mocking birds have arrived. I'm sitting here and I count at least 12 different ones. They arrived a little earlier than last year :(

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We don't have them here in the country. So, I'm always intrigued and excited when I see/hear them in the city. I love them. But, I understand how they could be annoying if there were a lot of them. The males sing ALL. THE. TIME. Quite the territory claiming method, though!

henless

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey now! That's our state bird!! :)

Why is the Mockingbird The state bird of Texas?
Legend has it when Texas chose the mockingbird as its state bird, the resolution stated that the bird is "a fighter for the protection of his home, falling, if need be, in its defense, like any true Texan..." Its species name comes from the Greek mimus to mimic, and ployglottos for "many-tongued.”

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IMG_20210412_104118_252.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe destroy nests that start up, to encourage moving to another tree?
I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy. Besides my granddaughters are fascinated by them. I have to admit, I'm starting to like them a little also.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts