Moderators??

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Does this place have any?!

If not, let me know when it does and I'll be back.

Thanks.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
We tend to moderate ourselves....we all get along pretty well here, and well, haven't necessarily needed Mods. You're leaving because there aren't any?

Colored Egg Farmer

Way Too Many Chickens
Reaction score
With only 333 members I think we need only one moderator, Administrator... which is Nifty. Probably when this place starts to get busier and new faces show up we might get a mod.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am sorry guys, I read a thread, upset me, should of stayed out if it.

I hope ya'll will accept my apology.

*note to self, knock it off*

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Don't worry- I read one too recently that irritated me but let it go. Decided to check back in a couple of days and it had taked a more useful turn. So far so good.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea it is going to happen to all of us at some point, read something that doesn't set right and ya wanna type a bunch of stuff...lol..but for me, best to not type..HA HA

and alot of times what we are trying to say doesn't come out right in type, can't tell expressions, or like me, type so fast I leave out 1/2 of what I want to say.....and it comes out wrong..LOL

this is a great forum so far definitely, and great people that I have seen from the beginning..... :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Remember this forum is only, what, 10 weeks old ;)

I'd say that with the strong opinions among many here, a moderator would not be a bad idea, but I can also see where it would not be tops on Rob's to do list and one would hope that we can be adults and behave ourselves without one :) (No offense meant to the 'kids' here, who often behave as well or better than the actual chronological adults <g>)

Pat

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Great question.

This site will eventually need moderators. When? Well, that's hard to say for sure.

The topics here will tend to be a little more... um... debatable and open to interpretation than we see on BYC or TEG. Also, the site hasn't really gotten to the point that it needed moderation.

That said, as it grows we'll definitely need to add moderators. I'm not totally sure if this forum will be moderated as strongly as BYC, but SS is young and still finding its way.

Best case scenario: Members will be able to discuss their ideas and opinions openly without attacking or purposely offending others. And everyone will read posts with the intended tone and without getting offended.

Hopefully the forum will grow so big that we'll be forced to have moderators... those are the problems we like to see! ;)