Monkey bread recipe....I'm sure its what they are serving in Heaven!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've got a new recipe, nana-nana-boo-boo! :cool:

This stuff will add 5 lbs just smelling it but, I've got to tell you, this is manna straight from Heaven! And easy? Yep!

Monkey Bread (or "Sticky Buns" to you Yankees!)
2 loaves of frozen bread (Parker House Rolls)
(I would like to try this with my homemade rolls~I'll let you all know how it turned out!)

1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick of butter
1 T. milk
1 sm. box of vanilla pudding ~Not instant!

Grease bottom of 9 x 13 in. pan. Sprinkle pan with nuts (or raisins), if desired. Place rolls tightly in the bottom of the pan.

Combine butter, sugar, milk, cinnamon in a small sauce pan on low heat until butter is melted. Drizzle mixture over rolls. Sprinkle pudding mix on top of this. Cover pan and set it out overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Flip pan over onto cookie sheet and serve.

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh my goodness , that is GOOD stuff. My son used to work at a pub called " The Tin Monkey " and this is what they served as their free bread with every meal , along with cinnamon butter they called Monkey Butter. He used to bring home leftovers until the restaurant closed . I miss the free monkey bread badly :(

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is something I remember my Mom making when I was little. I have yet to make it for my kids, maybe I need to do that this week...

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
GEE, I have never had this, I usually avoid breads but I may have to make an exception, lol.

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have a recipe from scrstch for the monkey breaf but it probably doesn't taste the same. I've never had the other kind before.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sounds delish. I avoid breads all the time also. and yet, me, trying to make bread...LOL..but for the family.

I will definitely make this for Tony...his kind of food!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Oh, I just LOVE monkey bread. Somewhere I have a recipe that was different . . . didn't call for pudding. The recipe I used involved making the bread dough from scratch and then rolling it into balls and rolling the balls in the butter/cinnamon and stuffing them in a bundt pan. Ha Ha, I wondered why I kept a bundt pan around all these years, because I've only occassionally made cake in one.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh I am DEFINITELY making this one...here comes the winter weight:>) If it's good I will rpobably end up making it too often...haha that's okay I'll share with the neighbors and we will all be fat:>) Sneaky, I know!

hoosier girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed,
I made the monkey bread using your recipe a couple days ago. Oh my goodness, it was good! Can't believe how easy it was to make. My husband even went on about how good it was and he doesn't even like sweet stuff!
Beekissed said:
I've got a new recipe, nana-nana-boo-boo! :cool:

This stuff will add 5 lbs just smelling it but, I've got to tell you, this is manna straight from Heaven! And easy? Yep!

Monkey Bread (or "Sticky Buns" to you Yankees!)
2 loaves of frozen bread (Parker House Rolls)
(I would like to try this with my homemade rolls~I'll let you all know how it turned out!)

1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick of butter
1 T. milk
1 sm. box of vanilla pudding ~Not instant!

Grease bottom of 9 x 13 in. pan. Sprinkle pan with nuts (or raisins), if desired. Place rolls tightly in the bottom of the pan.

Combine butter, sugar, milk, cinnamon in a small sauce pan on low heat until butter is melted. Drizzle mixture over rolls. Sprinkle pudding mix on top of this. Cover pan and set it out overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Flip pan over onto cookie sheet and serve.

Latest posts