Monsanto is still evil

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think it's sheer habit. Those are hard to break if you don't have a lot dedication & self-discipline. I try to be encouraging. We shop together for groceries sometimes, they have one more family member than me, their bill is almost double mine and the difference in what we buy is dramatic.

The dude was spoiled by his mom as a child, as he freely admits, and now "Veggies all taste like grass". But my meatloaf didn't, and it's full of veggies, carrots, greens, real tomatoes. He loved it, but won't make it. Instead they buy the boxed meatloaf & lasagna. Taught them how to make yogurt, easy peasy, have any flavor you want, just add fruit and muuuuch cheaper. They still buy go-gurt for the kids. :barnie

Sometimes I want to smack them back into childhood and re-raise them. Only because I love them...

Sylvie, I have never had a response to any communication I've sent a government official for any reason. I just quit talking to them, and try to talk to the people around me. I just posted this on my facebook: Wouldn't you like to be able to choose whether to support Genetically Modified foods or not? Freedom of choice is great. But! There is no way to tell, as the products aren't required to be labeled! All I want is a discreet little GM on the package, so I can CHOOSE. Pass it on.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FF, no kitchen....

All veggies taste like grass? So.....everyone likes that "new mown lawn" smell, right? :p

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I was admitted into the veggie lover world by a good friend when I was about 13 years old. My family lived on fast food, TV dinners, frozen pizza, soda, canned soup and pork and beans! :sick The only time I ate REAL food was when Grandma Nettie cooked it for me usually about one dinner a week. Even Grandma Nettie was not a big veggie lover. We had green beans, corn, kraut, sometimes peas and that was it.

My friend was raised in a big family of six girls with a huge garden. Sometimes they would have six DIFFERENT veggies at the same meal! I had never tasted anything so great!

People now days don't know what FOOD tastes like. They don't know HOW to make better choices. They don't know they NEED to be informed.

Why won't those people properly label their foods as being GM?? They are AFRAID of an educated choice!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Free -- it sounds like you should just get your husband to videotape you cooking. You could have your own cooking show! I think it would be fun.

I don't like to be distracted when I am cooking, so when I have people over, I always make all the food ahead. I can't cook and interact with people at the same time. :p

I kind of like the idea of having a seed sit-in or something. Completely non-violent . . . gardeners passing out open pollinated seed packets . . . maybe even seed they saved themselves. If nothing else, it would be a chance to meet other gardeners and like-minded people in the community. :thumbsup

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm game for a seed sit-in.

More links:

This is an old article, but good info. Also close to home for me.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/saveseedsuit.cfm

When I searched for the organization listed in the previous article, Farmer's S-O-S, I found this. Lots of articles.
http://current.com/tags/89270610_save-our-seeds/

Another Farmers SOS article. http://deltafarmpress.com/mag/farming_farmers_protest_loss/

I'm going to attempt to get in contact with Mr. Scruggs and see if the organization is still active. The phone # from the first link isn't active any longer.