More toilet paper tube fire starter stuff..........

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I had been saving those carboard tubes since I read about using them as firestarters but never did anything because most suggestions said to fill them with wax or paraffin which I found a bit un-earth friendly.
But I did think to try something else - I stuffed paper in one end, put wood pellets from my pellet stove, then stuffed the other end with more paper.
They work great- enough concentrated fire to get everything going without a problem. I have now stuffed pasta boxes, in fact every small cardboard box with the same great results. Since a bag of pellet costs about $6, and you use only a handful, it is very cheap.

I also spent the summer gathering and storing twigs and small branches for kindling. It always seemed wasteful to have a bonfire to burn debris when I actually needed the heat in the house. That has worked well too. I have two old horse troughs in the firewood shed with cut up small branches and twigs. I just hope I picked up enough. :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip!! I have 72 tubes saved (according to my daughter) waiting for future dryer lint. Not making enough dryer lint to keep up with the tubes! :lol: