Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
lazyday said:
I like the fact it is a quilt I call finish as you go. I have pieced a quilt and tempted to quilt it but that is where my experience showed. I
based first but it still shifted and I had to remove all the stitching. I have a greater appreciation for quilting.
I lay mine out on a carpet (no shifting that way) and pin them every six inches. Then always start your quilting in the middle and move out. I have tried pinning on a table or a hard floor and the backing always moves. A carpet keeps it in place much better while you pin. You can baste too, but every 6 inches. It takes a little time at first :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Morel. :frow

The new place is looking great. Good to see your back in the bunny business!! :thumbsup

Quilt is gorgeous as usual.

So how did that "pantry" room of yours turn out?

g

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The pantry turned out great, stays above freezing even on the coldest days, but stays very cold at the same time. It has been a great addition to this house!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow! Both my hometown where my family still lives and the town where I live now have been battling fire after fire it seems! We had a fire right in town today that covered a couple of acres of brush right in a neighborhood where there are schools and homes.
My hometown has been battling multiple fires, one is raining ash all over and is 25000 hectars in size now, from 5 hectares last night! They are in big trouble, all the campgrounds are evacuated, and the fire is moving closer and closer to the city. Then last night they had another large fire that almost evacuated a large portion of one of the smaller outlying towns. It is scary up there!
And this morning we had a transport truck accident with a load of formeldahyde roll over and spil into the lake we live on, and that is also the city's source of drinking water! We are being told not to drink our water if it is froma private source on the lake, and not to go swimming. The poor driver has died from his injuries, and we have no idea what is going to happen to our water source now. Very frightening weekend all the way around here!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh my! Hope they're able to get the fires under control soon and that they're able to get the water cleaned up easily.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, this morning they are saying no swimming in the lake and no drinking the water if you draw from the lake but the municipal water system that draws from the lake is okay. We have a well, 500 ft from the lake so I don't think we are affected by the water ban. It is a very deep drilled well. There were thunder storms last night whcih started a bunch more fires...sheesh! Nothing close to my house that I kno of yet.

Latest posts