MOVE!! What did you do to workout today?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Aside from the chores I do on a regular basis...

Everyday I walk 4 miles on hilly terrain. Last weekend I upped my walk on the weekend to 8 miles. So today it is another 8 miler.

What kind of exercise did you get today?

I am planning on running soon as the weather cools. My goal is to do a half marathon within one year.

Walking everyday makes me feel wonderful!

ETA: I doubt any of us have time to sit idle on the couch, so I thought I would take that out of my title.

angelib1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does walking 30' to the chick coup count. Actually were going to the fair today (hours of walking right?).:D It is overcast to day and my fibromyalgia is in high gear, it's going to be a long day.

sweetcorn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just spent 10 days walking and walking the fairgrounds where kids showed pigs and steer . Being a lazy bum today !!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You guys are funny!

I believe anything counts!!

I forgot to mention I swam the entire length of our nearby lake and just plain fooled around with my daughter and her friend..."Try to knock mom off her innertube" was a fun game. They slept so well last night!!

We are going back to that lake today. We don't have air conditioning here...no one does. We are having a terrible heat wave, so we are going to live at the lake today. That is where the trails are too, so after I jump in I'm going on my 8 miler, then jumping back in. I did the same thing yesterday, it feels so good to hike when your hair is wet! Then when you are hot and sweaty, it is great to do the "Nestea" thing and fall backwards into the ice cold lake.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
I got up early and cleaned house and did outside chores..its really hot here in Texas right now so early morning and early evening is best time for outside chores. I will mow this evening. But am seriously considering going swimming in neighbors above ground pool for some exercise.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Uh, I'm working on a chicken pen today...hammering, sawing, using a drill...that kind of stuff....

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Uh, I'm working on a chicken pen today...hammering, sawing, using a drill...that kind of stuff....
:lol: Gee, Quail....its Sunday!! lol! I should do something in my old barn..its the only thing that survived Hurricane Ike out here and I need to clean it inside. Who would of thought that would have still been standing? Its the family joke as we always thought that would go in a windstorm or if someone sneezed on it! :gig

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool! Another opportunity to tout T-Tapp! The only workout I'll ever need again. I warned on another thread that I wasn't going to shut up about it :D I haven't done it yet today, will do this evening.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I'm a competitive runner. On a typical day I prefer running fast for 10 telephone poles and slower for 10 poles, alternating the entire run. I think it builds an aerobic fitness faster and keeps it interesting.

I hike with my dog off trail, up and down hillsides-sometimes having to pull myself up up the steep incline by grasping roots. We follow small streams stepping on rocks to keep dry and climb over and under fallen logs. Pretty much contains the components of strength, flexibility and balance. Plus by going off trail we don't run into anyone, a plus for a female.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I rolled a big fat stump that easily made two of me in diameter from the front of my chicken pens, down the logging road, to the woodpile where it will later be buzzed up.

I cursed, I sweated, I lost my temper, and I shoved with all my might. It took arm and leg muscles...which are now very sore thank you very much...and I sweated so much I know I had to have lost TWO pounds :duc

Ok so does that count as exercise? :fl

Latest posts