my $1 fence

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this is the fence i have made from 1 futon frame found in garbage and 1 box of cedar paneling i got for $1 at an auction last month
1092_futon_fence_etc_002.jpg

1092_futon_fence_etc_001.jpg

i will never be able to drive by futon frame in the garbage again!!!
thought yall might like to see it

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
That is exactly what I need around my garden. What a great idea!! I'm giving DH directions to watch the dump for a frame for just that use!
That does not look like a $1 salvaged/auction fence. It's very attractive.

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks
it was super easy and a coat of paint would make it even classier!! i was going to paint until i made the cedar half which def nees no paint. so its the rustic look for mine for now.

note: one futon frame = 12' of 2' high fencing in 2 6' sections. i happened to have scraps to make mine 12'ers but smaller ections would be easier for storage etc.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I think I like it without paint. We have white picket fence for the front part of the fence that keeps the dogs in and it looks nice in white, but I like the natural cedar better.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Man, thats nice! I'm gonna have to do something like like that for my garden as well. Thanks for sharing.

headred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wow, that's great! We live in a college town where there are endless futons out on the curbs right now. I'll have to go get me some! Always looking for fencing to keep my ducks out of everywhere.