My BIL is a moron.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Go ahead, open up your dictionary and look it up, I am certain his name is right next to moron. It must be.

During the big snowstorm our scraper blade broke (I am pretty sure he was responsible for that too) The blade is a very old one, huge heavy and iron. Dh said he would get a welder to fix it. He dang near killed himself loading the blade on a trailer to take to the welder. In the meantime, BIL went out and bought a $600 new blade. No where near as wide, thin and heaven only knows what it is made of. Dh said, "No way am I paying for that, I didn't ask for it and I think we should fix the old one." He and BIL got into it and DH said fine basically you bought it then it is your problem.

So the welder says he would rather come to us than have the blade cluttering up his shop. So the blade sits for a week. The welder was going to come over today (sun) yesterday DH sees that the blade is gone from where it was. He asks MIL who tells him BIL SOLD IT FOR SCRAP!! And he got $20. I was so livid I just walked away. $20!

I got some good out of it, I was so mad I split wood for an hour and a half before I got tired! :rolleyes:

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
He can't sell your property. That is stealing, or fraud maybe. I would call the police on him, file a report. Then maybe your insurance will cover it.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:gig

But to be clear...it is BIL who is out the $580 right?

If so then I am LMAO.....if it was you who lost the money for the blade then I am :hit

Oh wait....he sold YOUR old blade? what an idiot!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
faint.gif
Oh My Goodness!!

That is not good for family harmony to be sure!

But, on a lighter note, when I read "scraper blade", to me a "scraper" meant a car windshield scraper!! I was a bit confused there for a second! Trying to imagine a big iron winshield scraper!
But, then I am originally from CA, and here in So. AZ we seldom even get dew on the grass, much less have to scrape windshieds or roads either.

I am sorry. Maybe you can buy back the scraper if you know where he took it?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I would call the police and file a report on my stolen plow blade.

P.S. There is no way he only got $20 for a big heavy blade like that.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
P.S. There is no way he only got $20 for a big heavy blade like that.
I'm with WZ... even selling it by the pound for scraps it would be more than $20 worth.

Can you get the blade back? Call the police, have them go with you...

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1st I'd file a police report for a stolen blade.
2nd I'd take him out behind the barn and take it out of his hide.

equine chick

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I bet your dh was livid, I agree take a switch to his hide.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am so sorry! If it makes you feel better I had a BIL sell the spare aluminum rims to my vehicle, then lie about it. His son told us he took them, showed us the spot they had been, and where he sold them at! He had helped his dad take them! (He didn't know it was stealing! He was only nine.)