My BJ, My Husband has Died

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Today is BJ’s memorial service in Livingston, 170 miles south. He lived there 35 years, everyone knew him. I lived there 30 years. We moved here on our 19th anniversary. I need this. I need to be among people who loved BJ. Taking my beloved to the hospital and getting him back weeks later in a small cherry wood box is a nightmare of bad dreams from which I cannot wake up from.

I need to grieve in the company of others. I need to cry, I need to laugh, but most of all, I need to celebrate everything that was BJ.
I cant even imagine what you went through yesterday,
No, we have never met, but we are an American family and united in the Lord, a Christian family.
It is through our ties that bind, and in our hearts and prayers we lift you up.

Becky

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Today is BJ’s memorial service in Livingston, 170 miles south. He lived there 35 years, everyone knew him. I lived there 30 years. We moved here on our 19th anniversary. I need this. I need to be among people who loved BJ. Taking my beloved to the hospital and getting him back weeks later in a small cherry wood box is a nightmare of bad dreams from which I cannot wake up from.

I need to grieve in the company of others. I need to cry, I need to laugh, but most of all, I need to celebrate everything that was BJ.
I hope his service and seeing his people gives you exactly what you need today. :hugs

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It was a nice service, presented in love. People spoke about him, I shed a lot of tears. I have a greater sense of peace.
I'm really pleased you have some peace and in a way one door has now closed.

I know there's more emotional twists to come all I can say is to hold on tight to those that love and support you. Plus there is always the loving friends you have found here online.

As said, we have never met and more than likely never will but speaking for myself, I'm here for you ❤️💖

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm really pleased you have some peace and in a way one door has now closed.

I know there's more emotional twists to come all I can say is to hold on tight to those that love and support you. Plus there is always the loving friends you have found here online.

As said, we have never met and more than likely never will but speaking for myself, I'm here for you ❤️💖

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is the memorial for BJ here at our house, on the front porch. The porch is screened in and 12' x 54'. A few weeks ago, we had a memorial for him in Livingston, where we both had lived for 30 plus years. Friends we have made here are coming to celebrate BJ, the happy, smiling guy they knew and loved. My son is here, my daughter is bringing my granddaughters. The middle granddaughter was his favorite and she has been the most hurt by his passing. I hope this helps her cope with his loss.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today is the memorial for BJ here at our house, on the front porch. The porch is screened in and 12' x 54'. A few weeks ago, we had a memorial for him in Livingston, where we both had lived for 30 plus years. Friends we have made here are coming to celebrate BJ, the happy, smiling guy they knew and loved. My son is here, my daughter is bringing my granddaughters. The middle granddaughter was his favorite and she has been the most hurt by his passing. I hope this helps her cope with his loss.
Lots of hugs and prayers for today. It will be hard but joyous.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Prayers are with you and your family :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs