My buddy has passed.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:hugs What a blessing you both proved to be to each other! How wonderful that you had such good times together. Thank you for sharing a bit about her with us.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As much as I miss people after they pass, I always thank the Universe for letting them be part of my life. You're a good person, dear. :hugs

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Marianne said:
As much as I miss people after they pass, I always thank the Universe for letting them be part of my life. You're a good person, dear. :hugs
I really like that Marianne! When someone (or a pet) passes, we usually are missing them too much to consider that point of view! Thanks!!!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry for your loss, treasure the memories of your friendhsip and the time spent with her :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sorry Boog, it's always difficult to lose a dear friend. It is nice to see someone being a good neighbor and going out of your way to make a difference in the life of someone who otherwise has no one to care for them. I'm sure Miss Maddy was very appreciative of your help, friendship, and company. God bless you both :hugs May she rest peacefully.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all the condolences everybody. Something has been drifting around in my head for the last few days. Sometimes I can close my eyes and see her delicate hands. She was a small woman. Frail is a good word to describe her. 5'-4"ish and very thin. The skin on her hands was like a translucent silk with age spots. Her veins were very visible and the joints in her fingers were slightly enlarged. Probably arthritis. Even though I never touched her hands I'm sure they were soft as velvet on one side and tough as nails on the other.

I think about all of the things that those small hands have done in the past 80 ??? years. From a tiny little girl holding onto a new puppy to a new mommy holding her newborn son to an old woman holding her beloved husband's hand in his deathbed. Her facial expressions and her life stories told me that those hands had seen some wonderful and happy times and some terribly rough times as well.

Isn't it strange how her hands are stuck in my memories?

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be so late, but I haven't been able to be online for a few days.
I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
{{hugs}} and condolences. I'm sure you were a blessing to her and your visits made her days brighter.