My dog ate a squeaker toy... :/

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My fosters used to go to a vet that had a bulletin board showing what some of their patients had "passed"...you would be amazed. :ep

I would agree that with a dog that big & a toy that small, he'll prolly be okay. Maybe some mineral oil to lubricate the way...? :p

(On the other hand, my pug almost died because he ate the stuffing in a toy that blocked his intestines, requiring $1200 worth of emergency surgery, but that doesn't sound like your situation).

Let us know how it "comes out"! ;)

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Keep a good eye on him. If he starts trying to vomit or having trouble having bowel movement you will need to get him to a vet ASAP. I had a dog eat a popsicle stick and this is what our vet had suggested to me. He did sart trying to vomit and had to have surgery to remove it.

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
One winter our dog ate a 5qt ice cream bucket full of crayons....it was over the course of a couple of days. Hubby couldn't figure out what the kids were doing with all the crayons (looked in the couch, behind the bed, in shoes, etc....nothing). Then he lets the dog out and went out to shovel snow, he came in laughing...it looked like Walt Disney had cr*pped all over the yard.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Living the Simple Life said:
One winter our dog ate a 5qt ice cream bucket full of crayons....it was over the course of a couple of days. Hubby couldn't figure out what the kids were doing with all the crayons (looked in the couch, behind the bed, in shoes, etc....nothing). Then he lets the dog out and went out to shovel snow, he came in laughing...it looked like Walt Disney had cr*pped all over the yard.
:yuckyuck

DS#2 was getting accused of eating all the Halloween candy to be handed out. He kept denying it, but the candy kept disappearing from the bowl. Two days later, their Golden Retriever upchucked in the house. Lots of candy wrappers there. They checked the yard and sure enough, candy wrappers were in the poo, too.

Any updates from Squeaker, BBH?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol: "Squeaker" is still normal. Took him for an hour long walk yesterday and he pooed normally. :p I'm guessing he is going to be fine.

I'm totally LOVING all of these "my dog ate what???" stories. (Well, the ones that have good endings that is.)

I'm going to call him Squeakers all day long!! :gig

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:lol: "Squeaker" is still normal. Took him for an hour long walk yesterday and he pooed normally. :p I'm guessing he is going to be fine.

I'm totally LOVING all of these "my dog ate what???" stories. (Well, the ones that have good endings that is.)

I'm going to call him Squeakers all day long!! :gig
What are you going to do with the toy once it makes an appearance? :lol:

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Do you remember the Aladdin dolls- they had really big cartoon eyes. Imagine picking up poop- and seeing that eye looking up at you!! My DD just couldn't remember to pick up her toys!

DesertChick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
A friend was cleaning up after his large puppy and discovered a pair of expensive panties that his wife had lost. Nope, she didn't keep them... :lol:

My puppy swallowed the pointy end of a toothpick so I fed her a couple of pieces of cotton balls soaked in olive oil. The next day I found the toothpick wrapped up in one of the balls. :)

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had a labrador that ate so many different things that when I called the vet and said "this is <insert my name here>" the vet's office automatically said "what did Simba eat now?" He even learned how to open the refrigerator and cabinets, including the ones over the counters and could get things off the first shelf of the cabinets. The list of things I can remember him eating are:

10 lbs of chocolate

At least three years in a row of easter and halloween candy

A bottle of hydrogen peroxide

An entire taxidermied (sp) canadian goose

Countless stuffed animals

Three rings (all of which had to dig out of the poop a few days later)

Earrings (only found one ... not sure where the other one went nor do I want to know)

Those kong dog toys that are supposedly indestructable? Yeah well, nobody told Simba that ... that actually was a surgery to remove a ring of that.

My "favorite" one that made my hair curl and have me seeing red was when I walked in to find Simba laying on the floor with a box of chocolate pudding mix apparently trying to make pudding with dog slober on my light cream colored, almost white, rug :barnie

I could NOT buy a squeaky toy because the first thing Simba did was roll it around in his mouth, locate the squeaker part of it, rip it out and then promptly swallow said squeaker.

I don't know how that dog lived to be 13 but he was healthy as a horse (until the cancer formed). As much as he exasperated me, not a day goes by that I don't miss him :sigh

Latest posts