My Favorite Chicken Marinade

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know it's not spring yet, but I always like to think of what I will cook when the warmth returns. For some reason looking out the window at the ice encrusted snow makes me want to break out the grill. Both sides of my family have been grilling this recipe since before I was born and I'll be 50 this year.

Cornell Chicken Marinade

Ingredients:

* 1 egg
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cups cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoons salt
* 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Recipe size is enough for 2 chickens (8 quarters)

Directions:

1. Crack the egg into a medium bowl and whisk until beaten. Slowly whisk in the oil until fully blended. Then whisk in the vinegar, salt, poultry seasoning, and ground black pepper. Reserve some of the sauce to use for basting while grilling. Place chicken in shallow baking dish, and coat with sauce. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. Preheat grill. Grill over medium heat. Basting liberally with marinade each time the chicken is turned. Chicken is done when internal temperature is 165 F.

The heavenly smell of this recipe being grilled is bound to have the neighbors parting the shrubbery and peering over the fence. Salivating Foodie Zombies may jump your fence just for a chance to try this delectable dish. The smell of the crisping chicken skin combined with the tangy odor of spiced vinaigrette will set even an ardent Spartan to drooling. Just passing through the delightful wisps of steam and fragrant smoke emanating from your grill is enough to raise goose bumps of a pure excitement and cause those of lesser constitution to swoon in fits of ecstasy.

This recipe was invented by Dr. Robert C. Baker of Cornell University. And Yes, it is that good.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
YUM!! Other than changing for a better oil, I shall use this soon! Yummy!

*twirls*

I love food.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
extra virgin olive oil... a good nut oil.... coconut oil....

just NO VEGGIE OIL! blech.

LOL.

bacon grease? :D