My fence project

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I am trying to shorten my "Honey-Do" list this summer. Seems like she can invent stuff faster than I can build stuff. :gig

View from the back deck, looking THROUGH the gazebo.
386835282.jpg

Opposite shot.
386835287.jpg

Front view of what I had done as of this morning. I ran out of lumber and screws yesterday afternoon.
386835291.jpg

Another angle.
386835294.jpg

The garden with nothing planted yet. :D
386835297.jpg

This fence is a shadow box style. 6 ft tall. Comes out from the house 16 ft and is about 30ft wide. I added an extra panel on the front to hide a 500 gallon propane tank that is ready to be set there for the generator.

My buddy helped me cut 60 more 12 ft long deck boards last evening, making 120 fence boards. Then we had to "dog ear" each one. I thought my shoulders were going to fall off last night after loading those boards at Lowes, unloading and cutting them, stacking them, then "dog earing" each one, and THEN reloading all 120 of them them BACK into the truck. :th :th :th :th :th
386835303.jpg

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Nice work. Looks like you are well on your way to getting it done.

May I ask what the fence is for? Privacy? Keeping a pet in? Just curious. Are you going to make a gate so you can access the veggie garden?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
i get the same complaints on my lists - sadly, it's me doing the complaining because I'm adding to the list, and having to do it myself . :lol: :/ I keep saying, "what was I thinking???"

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Nice work. Looks like you are well on your way to getting it done.

May I ask what the fence is for? Privacy? Keeping a pet in? Just curious. Are you going to make a gate so you can access the veggie garden?
Combination privacy, more room for the dogs, and we eventually want to put an above ground pool in that area. If you look at the pictures, you can see the existing chain link fence that runs from the house to the smoker shack. That will coming down as soon as I get this new fence up.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Definitely much nicer than chain-link! :thumbsup Is the pool going in this summer too? :woot So you are holding the SS summer party at your place? ;)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Lookin good!!! I think my DH would agree with you...each weekend he is home, I hand him "The List" and he sighs and heads out the door, tape measure in hand! :p He swears I invent things all week just for him! :idunno