My Friend

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Meet my friend, John. born today in 1935. But I simply call him Man of God. He turned 86 today and we celebrated his birthday. He gets around as good as I do. Man of God is a walking talking Holy Bible, knows it inside and out. He's not only "book smart" he walks the walk and as honest and sincere as any man I've known.

Man of God would give you the shirt of his back and his shoes and pants, if you needed them. He's also funny as can be, always has good clean jokes and is a fantastic story truthful teller. I guarantee after just a few minutes of being around him, you're all smiles.

We are standing in front of his 35 Chevy Coup which is the same age as he is (86). He did a full off the frame restore on the car, it even has air conditioning. The coup is stunningly beautiful, just the same as the man of God's heart is.

Screenshot_20211016-222241~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is very sweet. Tell John I said happy birthday! Your story made me tear up a little.
He had a very happy birthday today, but I will tell him for you.

We just lost a friend from north carolina last week. Her name is Tammy. Tammy is the only person I've ever known to set a place for Jesus every night at supper. She set Jesus' place at the head of the table, her husband understood how important it was to her to never set in Jesus' place at the head of the table. It didn't matter if she had company over or even a big dinner party, Jesus plate, silverware and napkin was at the head of the table at supper and everyone knew it was Jesus' place. Some may think that's "goofy or religious" I call it Faith, Hebrews 11:1

I gave this testimony of Tammy at Man of God birthday today. My wife teared up, because it brought joy to her heart in remembering Tammy's strong faith. Many at his birthday commented they have never known anyone to do that. I only know of one person and that was Tammy.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tammy sounds incredible. Like a true friend. I’m very sorry for your loss.
No need to be sorry, be happy! - 2 Corinthians 5:8 \o/

Tammy's husband has arranged a celebration of life for Tammy. I can't be there in person. So I'm sending my written testimony of her life. "Setting a place for Jesus at the head of the supper table", is one of three separate testimonies, I will be sending to the pastor, to read to all that can attend.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I thought at first, I would be story tellingish about another friend of mine, my Wife. This is a thread about my friends after all. But as I typed, a story about her, this song came to me. So I backspaced the story out and just went with the song. I'm going to dedicate it to her.

If the words came to me, the music will soon follow. Always has, always will and just when I least expect it, it will come.

Now the big question is will I be able to play the music when it comes to me? Old hands don't move so well anymore. So Hint: 👆 what comes to me should come as something slow and melodic and easy to play, ok?

Wanna

I wanna hold you in my arms, till you say "turn me loose"
I wanna do little things for you, till you say "it ain't no use"
I wanna wake you every morning, with a good morning kiss.
I wanna kiss you to sleep the same way, cause I know you like this.

I wanna do everything for you
Cause what else can a man do?
When a man loves a woman, like I love you

I wanna say sweet things to you, till you say "You've said enough"
I wanna stand by your side, when the goin' gets tough
I wanna mend your broken heart, till you say "The hurt is gone"
I wanna stay with you always, so you'll never have to be alone.

I wanna work for you every day, till you say "Come home and rest"
I wanna buy you pretty things, so you can feel your best
I wanna take you every where I go, to show the world what I got.
I wanna treat you with tender love, till you say "You've got to stop".

And I love you, love you, love you, I do.

Last edited: