My garden

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This is the rough in for next years vegetable garden. It is 40ft x16ft and fenced all aroud to keep the critters out. Right now I have some hens in there clearing the grass for me. I plan to put everything in boxes that I am going to build in. I hope to fill up a root cellar with my harvest next year. I will also have a large potato garden on the other side of the yard. This winter I will be checking out seed catalogues for heritage seeds that can be kept from one plant after the other year after year. Did yo know most of the seeds we buy are GM and you cannot collect seeds for next year from this years plants? Means if there is ever a seed shortage, or the government does something fishy we won't be able to grow anything unless we have save seed from heritage plants the year before...yup I research wayyyy too much:>) But I want to be prepared for anything!

2w3dvsi.jpg

crazychickens

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Your next years garden, is going to be great. I like the fence around it. I need a fence around mine. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to get rid of the baby rabbits, that are taking a bit out of EVERYTHING in my garden.

Then a few days later I drove past and saw a large stray tomcat in my garden.

I guess that solves my problem. :lol:

Maybe Mother Nature is on myside.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's as pretty as a postcard! You will have a gorgeous garden :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
very nice picture
do you live on a lake? will you use the water for the garden?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Very nice, MorelCabin. However, there are still plenty of good seed houses out there that don't sell GM seeds. Johnny's, Bountiful Gardens, Pinetree Garden Seeds, I could go on and on. It isn't hard to find them still. But you're right, Monsanto is eating up as many seed houses as they can, trying to control every aspect of our food supply :rolleyes: I wish more were aware of the Monsanto Monster.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Wow- If I send you a ticket , could you come to my place and make it that pretty?
Oh ya! You just send that ticket...shucks CALIFORNIA...make it a one way ticket! You got the money honey I got the time...teehee!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
very nice picture
do you live on a lake? will you use the water for the garden?
All our household water comes from the lake...even the drinking water. It is cold and crystal clear. That's the wonder of living in Canada:>)