My greenhouse..

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, now that is just too cool!! I love it!!

DH hasn't heard of the window actuators either, so we'll probably swing by Harbor Freight the next time we're in that town.

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed, it functioned perfectly for my needs. I do not heat it- so it only extends the seasons on both ends... The glass comes out of the doors, which I needed to remove when the weather got warm. Just needed more air circulating. The problem with a greenhouse, is since it gets no moisture from mother nature- you really have to water every day. I hope to add some kind of drip irrigation for next year. I have a huge garden and I started all my transplants in there. I was able to get rid of my messy cold frames that I had used previously. You still need to harden seedlings off outside, which made for a lot of exercise carrying trays in and out of the greenhouse. But, the seedlings were strong and healthy- something that had proved impossible for me starting seeds indoors... I keep saying I am going to plant lettuce and spinach in there, and see how long I can have greens. Maybe this weekend! ;)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This book is an excellent resource for growing things in the winter. The author lives in Maine, so I'm sure his ideas would work for you as well.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is awesome! I really want one too, maybe I'll check around in the larger towns here to see if they have any old ones I can get cheap :D Another project to add to DH's list!

Britesea - That book is on my wishlist, along with his winter garden book. Not sure which one will benefit me more, so I've been meaning to see if my library can get them both for me and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What a perfect recycle/repurpose! Both beautiful AND functional....who could ask for more?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh hubs has been asking what I want for Christmas :D Wonder what he'll say if I tell him I want a bus stop :hu