My Husband the Horse

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
(or at least he eats like one), along with my beloved short people have requested a few things for dinner tomorrow night.

So far on the menu we have:

Macaroni Salad
Potato Skins
Deviled Eggs
Home made rolls
Brocolli

I'm thinking we should have beef with all of this, but can't figure out exactly how to fix it.

I have stew beef in the freezer, but I'm open to buying a bit and trying something new.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Barbecued chicken would be great with that too. I can't think of an appropriate beef dish :hu

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BBQ Shredded Beef to make sandwiches with those fresh rolls!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I love a nice, juicy beef and gravy. If you have some broth, you can cut that stew beef into smaller bits and saute it in bacon fat, saute some onions and garlic, add the broth (chicken broth will do, as long as the broth is homemade) and simmer it until the broth is reduced by at least half. If you add some sliced darker mushrooms such as a portabella cap, it will darken the gravy quite nicely, especially if you used chicken broth. You can add herbs, but I like it just like this. Simmer for a long time, at least an hour, so the beef is quite tender. It doesn't need to be served over anything if the gravy is quite reduced and the flavor will be very intense, perfect for mopping up with fresh homemade rolls.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ooooooo BBQ chicken does sound good....but so does the beef that Free is talking about. I'm gonna forgo the BBQ'd beef since I'm not a huge fan, and I'm not that crazy about ribs either...though DH could live on those for a month I think LOL

Normally I would never fix so much, but tomorrow is the 15 anni of our first date. So we're gonna celebrate with some yummies. Honestly, we can't afford it, especially since my car died this morning and DH had to come rescue me when I was half way to work LOL...but we've had an amazing and wonderful life together ever since that night and I want to do something special.