my lungs don't feel well.

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am at the point where I just can not afford to go to the doctor.
I was having some itching in my larynx Sunday night. I was having difficulty breathing by Tuesday. Last night I was breathing like Darth Vader. My chest hurts. The itching has been replaced by burning. I have not had a cold. This is just lung, no sinus or nasal passages are affected.
My husband thinks it is allergies. I don't think so. can allergies cause sputum that is opaque and infected looking?
Gee, this is gross, sorry. I have to get this under control before my husband hauls me off to the Doctor and we have to put yet another big bill on the charge card.
Any suggestions?
It has moved down into the bronchioles, more on the right side than the left.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Lots of stuff going around this time of year....could be bacterial since there is no cold associated with it. All the more reason to get to a dr.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
put it on the credit card
your husband is right

your health is too important and if you are breathing like Darth Vader by now, you should have not put it off. GO -- not a thing in this world worth more than breathing! :)

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okay, I won't fight him about it. I will have to wait until tomorrow though.
Any suggestions on what to do until then?
I am feeling rather Oxygen deficient. I suppose you all are right. Thanks. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
take a very hot shower
it might truly open up those airways
maybe you can cough up tons of nasty stuff LOL

but if you are that bad, is there anyway you can get there today???

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Not meaning to scare you but from your description it could potentially be pneumonia, which is not something to fool around with as some versions can kill rather unexpectedly and quickly.

Really, what if you try to get there today.

Look at it this way, the sooner you go, the less chance of worse complications that would be *more expensive* to treat.

Good luck, take care,

Pat

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I suppose I could walk to the walk in, but I think I would rather wait until my husband is home from work. He gets in at 7pm, so I will see if he can drive me to the walk in first thing tomorrow morning.
You are right, I was thinking asthma but it would not have lasted as long and there should not be infection sign.
Not having had a cold makes it very suspect for bacteria.
My fear of never getting out of debt is making me wait longer than I should. We were at a very crowded festival Sunday, I suppose a bacteria could work that fast versus a virus.
I think a shower sounds very good right now. thanks.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Not having 'had a cold' makes me think viral not just bacterial, usually bacterial lung infections don't come from nowhere but settle into lungs that have already got a problem (dust, allergies, cold/flu, etc).

I've had pneumonia where one evening I had a bit of a mild sore throat and the next morning I could literally barely breathe, my chest hurt bad and felt like there was an elephant on it, and I could only go about 10' before having to stop and sit or kneel down or I would have collapsed. Presumably a flu-type virus. Lungs have never been quite 100% since then, either.

Not saying that's what you've got, just offering it as information.

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my Aunt Betty Ann died after lying around on the couch for 2 weeks saying "I will be fine" til that one morning she could not breathe and asked hubby to take her to the hosptial....2 days later she was dead from pneumonia/complications from pneumonia

you can't pay off debt if you are deceased.....not a joke ya know, truly

if you get laid up sick wise where you need help from someone, hubby might have to take off work etc....less money to help catch you up.

go to the walk in right now by yourself after that hot shower LOL

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just took a hot shower. nothing came up. I do have that 'elephant' on my chest thing going on. I have a call into my husband. I have a very huge vehicle that I can drive the five miles, but I can only make right turns with it.
I will figure out the route and go.
Thank you.
I know you are right.