My New Blog About Living Off Grid, Building, Remodeling, and More

ylisa7

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Mike and Lisa Adventures...Off Grid Living, Building, Green Living, Remodeling, Gardening and RVing

After almost 5 years of posting stories I decided to put it all in one place. I started a blog this week and am slowly adding stories from the beginning. I am adding the Off Grid stories one by one by chapter. I will also have gardening, remodels, building and some cooking.

Please check it out...post comments on my blog and tell me what you think. I really love hearing from people and am always open to new ideas...also any suggestions for my blog would be nice since I am new at it

You can got to:

mikeandlisaworld.com

to see it:)

I hope this is OK to post here. If needed please move

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL! Welcome, ive been following your story on City-Data since it began! youll fit right in around here !!!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi, Lisa... yes, welcome. Thanks for the link to your site.

By the way, we love updates, technically related entries and pictures here. So please post these sorts of things here, too!

Things seem to be coming along very well at your place. Best of luck with the upcoming phases.

ylisa7

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you so much everyone.

I will get more involved here once I get caught up:)

My blog, like our home, is a work in progress. I am writing all of your suggestions down and I will ask my stepdaughter to help me when she comes this weekend. I need "a lot" of help form her, lol.

Hmm...about commenting....I changed my settings and anyone should be able to comment as anonymous.

Please try to comment on the blog and let me know what happens:)

Also....can everyone see it on your computers?

Thanks...

And for today
I have completed 32 chapters so far. Only about 150 to go...and then I can post what Mike and I are doing "now"...ugh!!

You can go to:

mikeandlisaworld.com

to see it:):)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the link to your blog Lisa! I had been following your progress (you had just started the SFG's when I lost ya) on city data as well, until I lost the link :p I love your set up (and those 'windows' above the doors :love ) and can't wait to get caught back up!

ETA: :welcome

ylisa7

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Thanks for the link to your blog Lisa! I had been following your progress (you had just started the SFG's when I lost ya) on city data as well, until I lost the link :p I love your set up (and those 'windows' above the doors :love ) and can't wait to get caught back up!

ETA: :welcome
We have etched glass above the bathroom and bedroom doors to let light back there. One with deer, one with turkeys, and one with bears.

ylisa7

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcomes.

I am finally caught up with my stories and writing new ones.

Today's story is about gardening and a recap of my garden from last year.

Spring is in the air and I'm getting excited about my plans for this year. Anyone else?

Here is a recap of last year. Maybe some of you can give me some ides for a better trellis for my pole beans and also tomato cages??

I added a new story today about gardening and we will soon start on the 2013 chapters.

http://mikeandlisaworld.blogspot.com/2013/03/chapter-134gardening-for-2012.html

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hog pnnels work REALY well for letting heavier things climb all over, secure em to the t-posts and tada, much sturdier than string but you have to have a way of geting 16ft pannels home LOL!

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome Nice garden I also love the hog panels and field fencing for stronger support.