MY NEW HOME

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Growing up we had some house dogs, but they were NOT allowed on the furniture. Have never allowed any with the dogs I have had since then. Just like indoor cats... they are not allowed on the counters or the table or anything. If they got caught up there they were smacked good and on the floor they went. Cats were allowed on the furniture as long as they did not use their claws... most wound up outside because they did not learn. Have had plenty of outside cats over the years... No LGD's, no fences to keep them in.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sometimes when I have on "nice" clothes, even I want a non hairy place to sit. That isn't a problem any more, only have LGD's. They get to come in for a nap sometimes, but do not get on the furniture.
I match my clothes to my pet's color. I had gray dog and 2 gray cats - gray pants. Now my black dog sheds more than anyone, so I have black pants. :lol:

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sadly, I once saw a couple of cats that were the most loving animals you ever saw. The former owner wanted to get rid of them because she had redecorated the house and the color of their fur "clashed" with the decor...
That's so sad!! I hate when pet owners are like that. My dogs are my "kids" so they can go anywhere in the house, get on furniture (JUST NOT TABLES or COUNTERS). They even sleep in the bed with my boyfriend and I. That's why I own a pet vacuum and use lint rollers. They even get GRAIN FREE dog food and treats

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whether you think of your pets as "children" or not, once you have adopted a pet (or a livestock animal for that matter), you have taken on responsibility for that animal's welfare for life. There are valid reasons for giving up an animal, but it should be approached with kindness and honor to the animal.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whether you think of your pets as "children" or not, once you have adopted a pet (or a livestock animal for that matter), you have taken on responsibility for that animal's welfare for life. There are valid reasons for giving up an animal, but it should be approached with kindness and honor to the animal.
Yes Ma'am and I do that very thing. That's why my dogs only get grain free dog food and treats plus they go to the vet for check ups, shots and whatever else they need. That's why it was so hard on me when we had to put the cat down back in August 2020. Once I get attached to an animal I think of it as not only my pet but a member of the family.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Afternoon everyone!! Finding a house is so frustrating!!! Planning a wedding is so very frustrating!! And doing both at the same is very VVVEEERRRYYY frustrating and mind boggling!!!! I want to give up on both but can't seeing how they both need attention.