MY NEW HOME

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's a great solution. Affordable and fun. 😊.
Plus the wedding favors will be cute but cheap. I'm going to take a circle of wood attach a homemade candle to it then burn our names and date into. I might even spice the wood up by adding a small piece of ribbon and a flower or two. To really cut down on expenses (cost) I'm going to make my own bouquets (1 to keep and a smaller one to throw). And for the cake have a couple rounds (1 to keep for our first year anniversary and 1 to cut) and the rest will be cupcakes with decorated in the colors of the theme.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
as long as you are happy. :) i'm the kind of person that has a lot of ideas but the turning out might not be to my satisfaction when it comes down to crafty so i know better and just hope it is functionally sound and accept the imperfections.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hello all! I know I know I went silent again, SORRY! Trying to find a house, planning a wedding, waiting on a lawyer to contact me about a divorce, waiting on results from a DNA test was getting to me so I needed to step back from everything and recoup. Still trying to find a house, planning a wedding, waiting on lawyer but got results from the DNA test. I am 54% England & Northwestern Europe, 14% Scotland, 12% Scotland & Denmark, 9% Wales, 7% Ireland and 4% Norway. I still don't know who my biological father is but I have clues to 2nd cousins so I have messages out to them in the hope they can assist me at finding out who is my father.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It's been awhile. Yes, I did go check out the venue and OMG I feel in love with it, it was so pretty! It is pretty cheap too $400 for 2 days but the only thing they are going to have open next year is the cabins and they aren't cheap plus you got to rent them for a week at $120/night so I'm thinking that we're better off just going in front of a judge in the courthouse than having a BIG party with a mock ceremony for all the guests.
In between going to look at the venue and yesterday I was supposed to meet with a lawyer who is going to be handling my divorce case pro bono who never showed up to the meeting spot at the specified time. I waited for at least 20 minutes after the appointment time to leave and yes I did try to call his office but his voicemail box was full. He ended up calling me 25 minutes later after I was on my home and told me "he got busy doing something else and forgot about our appointment and he would call me to reschedule the appointment". WEll, still waiting for him to call to reschedule.
Yesterday was a year since my Mom passed away so I did my best to pay my respects to her.