MY NEW HOME

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll have to discuss it with FH cuz I had told him at one point (a few months ago maybe even last year) I would like to have a little homestead (chickens, maybe a beefer and milk cow plus a small garden) and his replpy was "we're too old to start farming now"
I bet I got y'all beat. I'm 67, just bought 25 acres that needs all new fencing. Fencerows are all grown up and lots of work to do here. Don't tell ME I'm too old.

I'm guessing that y'all have closed and you are now moving!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm guessing that y'all have closed and you are now moving!
We're closing on September 22 in the afternoon. Right now we are staying with friends We're going to be moving into our house on Friday seeing how that's when the water will be turned on. I wish it was sooner than that so I can get my Beagle out of doggy daycare but Kevin decided to send Kozmo (Beagle) there seeing how he's a little wild thing (He's 18 months old). I stopped by the doggy daycare yesterday to see him because I'm having an issue with being separated from him (only other time was last year and he was just a small pup then when I had to go to NY for my Mom's services then Kevin and I went on vacay when I got back from there)

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
By this time tomorrow we will almost be NEW HOMEOWNERS!! I so can't wait to hold keys in my hand that no one can take back without a fight. We are also doing a final walk through tomorrow afternoon before the closing. It was a long hard process but to finally be able to have a house is a great accomplishment that is well worth the wait and hard work.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WWe closed on the house yesterday afternoon and got the keys so we went shopping afterwards and got stuff we needed so we're moving in today. This AM I'm going to be dropped off so I can clean the floors and polish them plus put some stuff away while FH comes back to get a couple of other friends and to wait for the moving container company to show up to deliver the moving container to the new house. I didn't want to leave it yesterday when we went to do the final walk through. I do can't wait to share a video or pics with all of you.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!! I know I keep saying I wil post a vid or pics of my new home and I'M GOING TO as soon as we get the landscaping of the overgrown out of control flower beds under control and in shape. He's been working so much and long hours that our stuff gets pushed back. I do what I can but I don't use any of the gas powered tools (chainsaw, weed eater, trimmers and so on). It's not that I'm afraid of them but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep them under my control or I would cut too much or even hurt myself while using them
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVE EVERYONE!!!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning ALL!! I know I keep saying I wil post a vid or pics of my new home and I'M GOING TO as soon as we get the landscaping of the overgrown out of control flower beds under control and in shape. He's been working so much and long hours that our stuff gets pushed back. I do what I can but I don't use any of the gas powered tools (chainsaw, weed eater, trimmers and so on). It's not that I'm afraid of them but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to keep them under my control or I would cut too much or even hurt myself while using them
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVE EVERYONE!!!!!

if i can take a tree down with a hammer and chisel i'll do that instead. i also have a hand saw that will do quite a bit. plus it is amazing what a good pair of loppers can do. i can take down saplings/branches up to three inches across with them. a smaller good pruning shears will do quite a bit too if you have the hand strength (or it will build it up :) ). i hate the noise of power tools so there's no regret on my part for using alternative methods.