My new project!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I plan to! I have no desire to get burned. I'll be wearing welding gloves and probably some type of welding jacket.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah, LOVE the gloves! The guys used to like to play pranks on the newbies and while wearing the gloves they try to hand you a hot piece of steel and tell you to "check that weld" and when you grab it you burn the mess out of your fingers. I saw TOO MANY folks fall for that trick :p

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That's not very nice.

Found a site that lists towing regulations for each state. And, while I can't figure out if I HAVE to have the brakes, I just might go ahead and put them on if I don't have them. That way, I'd never have to worry if I should go in a state where they are required. Plus, if I don't have them, and have an accident, it might make trouble w/the insurance.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And be careful with your eyes! Burnt eyeballs are NO fun at all. My dad was a welder and I can remember a time or two when he'd come home, grate up a potato and pack them over hs eyeballs.... Funny the things you remember from childhood.

Have fun with the trailer!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
congrats...looks like a cool project...
and a great price..

.if dosent turn out functional
could be a cool little shed...
I did some welding a a trades discovery course for women

wanted to take a welding for artisan course, but money was to tight
is a very very good skill to learn

Denim Deb

Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
And be careful with your eyes! Burnt eyeballs are NO fun at all. My dad was a welder and I can remember a time or two when he'd come home, grate up a potato and pack them over hs eyeballs.... Funny the things you remember from childhood.

Have fun with the trailer!
Which is why hubby got me a welding helmet for Christmas. I have NO desire to have burnt eyeballs! Doesn't sound like fun at all!

Cheepo, the person I bought it off of was just using it for storage. What I gave them for it is about what they could get selling it for scrap. But, they would have had to get it over there, plus take off the tires. Once it's done, I think it will be a nice, little trailer. Who knows, after I get done w/this one, maybe I'll find another one I can fix up and sell.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Awesome, Deb! I want to learn to weld, too, but then I want to learn to do a lot of things :p
Can't wait to see your progress! Be sure to post pics!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Oh yeah, I plan to! I have no desire to get burned. I'll be wearing welding gloves and probably some type of welding jacket.
Yeah, you could get sunburned without enough coverage. I rely on a helmet, leather shoes/boots, gloves, and pure-cotton overalls (polyester ones could begin to show tiny burn holes from sparks, as polyester melts). There are a lot of metal "sparks"!... but sparks are generally not a problem, as most are very small.

Wannabefree said:
Yeah, LOVE the gloves! The guys used to like to play pranks on the newbies and while wearing the gloves they try to hand you a hot piece of steel and tell you to "check that weld" and when you grab it you burn the mess out of your fingers. I saw TOO MANY folks fall for that trick :p
I've never known any guys who did sh*t like that, around here. You must somehow have lived around a bunch of jerks or "animals". LOL

Anyhow :thumbsup with the project.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks, Joel. Hubby has various things to wear for welding, I'm just not sure what all will fit me! I'm a bit smaller than he is. :lol:

Latest posts