My recycling joy...

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I took a bunch of stuff to the recycling center and came home with egg cartons! They have stacks and stacks just sitting there. This will come in handy when my girls start laying.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Alaska Animal Lover said:
I took a bunch of stuff to the recycling center and came home with egg cartons! They have stacks and stacks just sitting there. This will come in handy when my girls start laying.
Wow, lucky you, I need to strt collecting them too.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You are lucky! It is funny how fast you go through them once they start laying!! I am lucky enough to have worked out a system with family and friend to save them and we contsantly reuse them. They bring me empty ones and I seem to fill them up again!! I don't mind!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I wish we had a recycling center around here! Lucky you! Folks know I collect them and they just save them for me, but I know that when the new chicks mature, I will probably need to buy some from EggCartons.com to keep up with the eggs.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I wish we had a recycling center around here! Lucky you! Folks know I collect them and they just save them for me, but I know that when the new chicks mature, I will probably need to buy some from EggCartons.com to keep up with the eggs.
isn't eggcartons.com expensive?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nope, considering the amount you get. You can get good deals over there on large quantities, especially if you buy the left overs (already printed with another logo). I bought the recycled paper ones and it was a good deal.

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed, how many do you have to buy to get a good rate? Is there free shipping?
I bet I could get you about 50 and send them media mail for a few bucks.

robbobbin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I didn't know they'd let you TAKE thing form there. I'm checking out our recycling center and see what their policy is...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
since I sell to the public I can not reuse egg cartons --especially ones printed.

I buy blank cartons from
www.eggboxes.com
cheapest deal for me---200 x-large foam cartons for $52. (shipping included)

I can re-use my returned cartons from customers. I put them in the dishwasher on rinse cycle. pain in the butt --but it works. I tell my customers I want returns, but few actually do. trying to train them better :)