My Vent - Required Reading

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I posted some of this in my journal but right now I am feeling very sorry for myself and decided to drag you all in with me.
As most of you know I have been sick for 3 weeks now. Sinus infection, then pneumonia and now today I went to the Dr because I thought I had another sinus infection.
Its not sinus. I knew when I washed my hair to go to the Dr that something else was wrong because I discovered a rash. I have Shingles in my head and around my eye. It itches, hurts, burns and I am miserable. I have called those invited to dinner to tomorrow and told them not to come. DH is still planning on frying the turkey. My wonderful daughter is going to follow my directions hopefully on how to make dressing so we will still maybe have some type of Thanksgiving dinner. But I am worried sick. My 88 year old mother lives with us and can't remember if she ever had chicken pox. My daughter is 8 months pregnant and even though she has had the chicken pox we are still a little concerned. Her Drs office is closed until Monday.
My 13 year old grandson is visiting until Sunday. We know he had a light case of chicken pox but not a full blown case.
I only had a headache for a few days with some pressure behind and around my eye. The minute this rash popped out I started hurting more. Seems like the minute I started the meds the Dr gave me everything got worse.
You are all required to feel sorry for me for a few minutes then you have to tell me to get the heck over it. Bow up and take it like a grownup. Cause I could use a good laugh so bring me your best jokes and all the saracasim you muster up.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Working on the jokes and sarcasm, but you have my sympathy. I haven't had shingles but I've heard how painful it can be. I'll be back when I can find something funny for you.....

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My BFF just had this situation yesterday. She is 8 weeks pregnant and her SIL just found out she has shingles. She called her OB on Wednesday and the OB told her that since she had chicken pox when she was little that she would be fine. The OB said if it was her she would go and the baby would be fine but because she was still in the first trimester there was a little risk...if she was further along she should not even worry at all.
SIL could not get together with her own family because there were two kiddos that would be there that had not had chicken pox yet.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
PamsPride Thanks for that, it sure makes me feel much better. I am going to tell my daughter right now.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We had Thanksgiving by ourselves and have since banned everyone from stepping in our doors because my daughter has RINGWORM UGH UGH UGH!!! And I have been ITCHING like crazy since she got it and paranoid about FUNGUS like you wouldn't believe!!

So you're not alone. :) AND my friend's girls have chicken pox right now! :D

My gramps had shingles once. I think.

My husband is now home and since I had allllllllll day to think on it, I bombarded him with present suggestions for my birthday (totally OT but I wanted to inject something-insert not inject, I ain't giving you a shot...to help take your mind off things) and he is just rolling his eyes at me.

Hmmm something funny...hmmm...

OH how about I spent $ on my kids Christmas presents and today they wrote their letters to Santa and asked him for things completely different from what they told ME they wanted! So they are getting NOTHING from their lists this year!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Last time I was assigned a required reading was in school.......................

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
2dream...sorry that you have all this to deal with! My 15 yr old had shingles a couple months ago...healed up nicely and no one else was infected.
She had a very mild case of Chicken pox as a toddler.

Hope you are feeling better soon!