My yard sale got rained out...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
We had a little rain when we had ours after Thanksgiving. No fun. The worst part for us was the cold. I swear, I've been sick ever since. We made that much money in two days with only a little rain. You did pretty well!
I was a little concerned about people knowing that I have chickens in our backyard. All my neighbors already know because of the rooster. No one asked about them though. No one even asked to buy eggs. I didn't have any extra to put out because I'd used or sold so many for Thanksgiving dinner.
Is there a problem with having chickens where you live? Are people stealing chickens there?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Henrietta23 said:
We had a little rain when we had ours after Thanksgiving. No fun. The worst part for us was the cold. I swear, I've been sick ever since. We made that much money in two days with only a little rain. You did pretty well!
I was a little concerned about people knowing that I have chickens in our backyard. All my neighbors already know because of the rooster. No one asked about them though. No one even asked to buy eggs. I didn't have any extra to put out because I'd used or sold so many for Thanksgiving dinner.
Is there a problem with having chickens where you live? Are people stealing chickens there?
We had some pretty strange people show up. One guy stayed for over an hour and a half then he came back the second day.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree with the weird people thing. I feel really exposed when I have a yard sale. I think that's why I usually don't. I was afraid the guy was going to come back and steal my hens.

H 23 .....Was the guy who hung out for the 1 1/2 hours maybe a neighbor trying to be friendly?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is scary to have someone hang out that long and then come back!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
someone being neighborly would have chatted, introduced themselves, etc.....someone "just hanging" around is creepy to me. I am not into that.....state your business, let me know you are friend or foe..LOL