MyKidLuvsGreenEgz .. .. COLORADO IS BURNING

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well, first time in quite a while, I have an appetite.

I guess I have to spend money on food this weekend. *laughs*

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... i might cook up a roast. It is still so hot... crock pot roast... cooked on the back porch...

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Yum! I did a pot roast today, too :D I put a glug of kombucha vinegar in the water. It is nice!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have turkey to cook but it is too darn hot in the house. OH!!! I have a roaster. Roaster on the back porch it is!!

and MK, since you are staying put, I will get you those chufa nuts soon. I just need to go through the bag and sort them...make sure none are bad :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Maybe I should get a pot roast tomorrow, and throw it in the crock pot on Sunday. Then, if the power does go out, at least we'll have one good meal. :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I totally forgot I have a chicken, thawed, to cook tonight.

Dur.

Crap. Well, it might be done by midnight....

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
So THAT's why I'm so fat! Because I'm constantly preparing for Winter!
:lol:

Nice dialogue, there, Abi. If only.

Last night was kinda cool, with a nice breeze coming in the window. Unfortunately, I just couldn't shut up my mind. I constantly get songs stuck in there. For the past 5 days, it's been "diamonds are a girls best friend" by Marilyn Monroe. Then thinking about not going nutso with more animals, and getting rid of some of what we have. Concentrating on protein via nuts and seeds, chickens, eggs and dairy. Thinking about how to get my son to start calming down. Settling FIL's estate without me leaving home again. My mother's got a "spot on her liver" and a lot of other health issues.

But ... things are looking up.

And I absolutely plan to get some sleep tonight, even if I have to increase sleep meds! And sleep with a cold wet towel across me.
Oddly enough, you just about hit the nail with that.
See, every time we limit calories below what our body is used to eating, we may see a bit of weight drop off, but then that biological drive to hold onto extra weight kicks in, and no more weight will come off. Then, when more calories are added back to the diet, the body scrambles to get back to its weight set point, and, just for good measure, as a protection for this occurring again in the future, a little more is added.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Oddly enough, you just about hit the nail with that.
See, every time we limit calories below what our body is used to eating, we may see a bit of weight drop off, but then that biological drive to hold onto extra weight kicks in, and no more weight will come off. Then, when more calories are added back to the diet, the body scrambles to get back to its weight set point, and, just for good measure, as a protection for this occurring again in the future, a little more is added.
:thumbsup

That's why the cure is REAL food, good fats, and cut out things that are just empty calories.