Natural Pain meds

frugal_me

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR with the *mother* in it is said to cure all. Ive used it for other aliments but its said it helps different types of pains as well.. Its all natural and worth a try.

DianeB

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
From personal experience, stretching and focused weight training helps quite a bit. Also, weightloss for those overweight helps a lot with back and joint problems. Not suggesting he is overweight.

Is there a gym nearby that offers personal training? Or do you have a doctor that is more open to other ideas than pills or surgery? They can start him on a workout/stretching/diet program that suits his needs.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya FD

I used to be the type to finish a job. Now I go "so far" and leave the rest for another day..LOL....Tony hasn't learned that yet. Got a job to do, do it even if it kills you. Well he is finally seeing the light thru the aches!

yes, vinegar soak in the bathtub is great for sunburn and aches. Tony does it and it helps. Also good old Epsom Salts.

Reaction score
Opium, it's natural and works great. Very addictive though. I know what you mean. I do the weekend warrior thing and always regret it. What Free was saying sounds like a good idea. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that does a ton of work on the weekend then can't move on Monday.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
All great advice so far, one I have to add is--juice some hot peppers, and mix the juice in with some hand lotion or oil, and massage into achy part. The heat does relieve muscle tightness. Be careful to apply it with goves on, and don't touch eyes or mucous membranes. Start with a minimal amount of pepper juice until you find the right strength.

Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
All great advice so far, one I have to add is--juice some hot peppers, and mix the juice in with some hand lotion or oil, and massage into achy part. The heat does relieve muscle tightness. Be careful to apply it with goves on, and don't touch eyes or mucous membranes. Start with a minimal amount of pepper juice until you find the right strength.
I just know I would manage to get that in my eyes. Or my nose. Just can't control those fingers.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
miss_thenorth said:
I just know I would manage to get that in my eyes. Or my nose. Just can't control those fingers.
LOL, maybe that's just the thing you need to teach you not to pick yer nose ;) :lol:

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
miss_thenorth said:
no, knowing my hubby, he'd go to the bathroom right after putting some on.
Trust me, it's happened with icy hot !:ep