Natural way to whiten & clean teeth.

tntstanifer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I haven't tried this.........YET!

Take extra extra virgin olive oil (greener with sediment in the bottom) and swish some around in your mouth 10 - 15 minutes. Spit it out. Follow up with a good brushing of the teeth with baking soda. I read that this will give you pearly whites.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we lived in some places where supplies were not available- my Mom used to mix together some table salt and baking soda for brushing teeth. Worked and wasn't too awful tasting.
Did they say what the olive oil is supposed to do?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sure never heard that one! :)

I swish hydrogen peroxide before brushing. Read that in a health magazine. Works good for me, they do seem whiter.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Olive oil? I wonder what theat does?

I use equal portions of table salt and baking soda in a salt shaker. It works great! It's cheap, and it strengthens your gums at the same time. Another thing you can do is use a lemon wedge to clean your teeth and rinse well with water afterward

tntstanifer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not sure about the olive oil. I did a search on the internet and all I could find was that it might help sensitive teeth.

As far as the lemon wedge goes, I wouldn't do that daily. I would think the acid would be bad on the enamel? But every few days or weekly might be better.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
15 minutes with a moutful of olive oil? I don't think I could do the whole time! :p That's a long time without swallowing and the thoughts of a mouthful of oil of any kind makes me a little queasy! :)

Now a mouthful of honey? Yeah! Does anyone know if honey will whiten teeth?? :D

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
My SIL keeps a small sealed container of baking soda/salt by the bathroom sink. She wets her toothbrush and dips it in, then brushes...her teeth look great, so why haven't I tried it? LOL

I've tried the peroxide....BARF!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA
I like the peroxide taste...Wierd me! :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I KNEW you were odd!! rofl..just kidding girl, my SIL likes the taste of it too....bleck!