Need a hangover cure

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm usually very smart when I drink, and keep to my 2 drink maximum. Well, last night I wasn't so smart. :rolleyes: I'm drinking lots of water, which helps. Do you guys have any tips on other ways to speed up my recovery?

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
McD's fries and a coke! It was a lifesaver when I was in college. :lol: Seriously, it works!

Or you can always try Gatorade and Ibuprofen.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
swear off drinking and you'll never have another hangover :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
a bloody mary?

My mom always had a screwdriver to cure hers.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh duh just remembered...the reason for a hangover is because of dehydration, so treat yourself as if you're dehydrated, lots of fluids to flush and saturate your system, and salt to help retain some fluids to knock out the headache and queasiness. Should get ya back on track. Probably why McD's fries and a coke helped you aggieterpkatie ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A little late for this one, but when I have a few I always make sure to drink a couple of large glasses of water before bed, and it really does stop the hangover. I am not a big drinker though, so it might not work if you drink say, 12 beers. My max is usually 4 drinks...and i get sloshed on that:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
If you aren't too tipsy before you pass out, the water and some pain killers DO help :D

Baring that, I drink a lot of water to start with, then Diet Pepsi with lots of ice. Cold caffeine seems to help. Then I usually get HUNGRY. Some good protein is called for. A big burger works for me.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Funny that greasy food does make you feel better. I had some bacon, and that seemed to help. Been chugging water all day, but I might need to treat myself to a Coke. I'll need to be sure to go to bed early tonight, too. It's probably good I do get a hangover when I drink too much because it reminds me to be more careful next time!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Key is to drink lots before you go to bed, and in the morning, greasy fried potatoes. Fench fries will work, but you can also shred some potatoes up and fry in butter--till browned on one side andthen flip and fry the other side. Salt liberally. Drink lots of water and tomato juice.

It's been may years, but it works!!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tons of water and sleep

crash on the couch with a movie or something...relaxing when feeling cruddy sure helped me alot :p