Need a picture...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Ya'll! This is wayyyy off topic for self sufficiency but I am looking for really good pictures of people doing country stuff...gardening, little boys fishing, etc.
You see I was asked to do a show/sale in Toronto in August with my quilts and I need some ideas:>)
The one I started yesterday is a toddler in a flower garden, and I want to add mommy or grandma and call it "gardening with mommy"
The catch is this...I haven't learned to actually do faces yet...so people wearing hats or posing away from the camera would be WONDERFUL! Could you upload stuff here if you have it with permission for me to use? Thanks so much! It is sooo apreciated! I will post pics of finished products here when done! You just might get to see yourself or one of your loved ones on one of my quilts! I will post an example of what I am looking for in a few minutes...along with the quilted image

This is a picture I found online yesterday and although I am switching it up a bit...taking her off the beach and into a flower garden,,,it was the pose that caught me.

vpf9tt.jpg
23lms89.jpg

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Well, this is my "little" boy fishing with his dgf's granddad.... I'm sure you could alter it so it shows a small boy, but big boys fish too. ;) I can email you the pic, if it would help...

JonErinsgrandpafishingatBurroughsPa.jpg

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I found 4 that you could alter, if they are what you are looking for.
177_sarahdig.jpg

177_sunflowerwbees.jpg

177_yellowtomatoes.jpg

I couldn't find two little boys fishing, so how about 2 old farts?
177_daddytaterwcatfish.jpg

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
72_img_0527.jpg

This is one of most favourite pics. It was at our camp on the Frederickhouse River. I have this one blown up in black and white and in my livingroom. My two kids, and my two dogs at my favourite place on earth.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ooooooooooh I'll go through my pics, too!!!

May I ask, what's going to happen to the quilts after you are done?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Morel, do you want pics of just kids? would you like a pic of a kid on a pony? Lemme know what all you can do, and what is marketable. I think horses would be popular, I have lots of wildlife pics too, but I'm sure you do too.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Here's my DD releasing a fish
release.jpg

Here's DD again, same day, same fishing hole, with her puppy, Shadow..
Katie3.jpg

and then here is DS3 with DD's puppy.
Austinshadow.jpg

We took that one in and had it printed into a sepia print, made it very old looking. One of my favorite pics of DS3.

Sadly, Shadow was stolen from our yard that fall.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awwww, there are some WONDERFUL shots in here guys! Wow, I can quilt forever! Quail, I adore the one of you daughter releasing the fish...it is perfect! The one at the stream with the puppy is awesome too! Sorry to hear Shadow was stolen
Punkin, your daughter shovelling is a great shot, and you know, I LOVE the two old farts and the fish...I think I can work with that one!
Keljonma, your little boy isn't so little anymore is he? Heehee! I do like what he is wearing though, and I really like the stream shot:>) Miss the North, I am going to pull that pic in a little closer and see what I can do...I like the dock and the kids, great shot!

The quilts go up for sale at the show, and it will hopefully help me get my name out there as a quilt artist. I will have the pictures I copy in to quilt there as well to show people what I do. I have never done anything like this before, I usually give them away to the people I make them for. A local quilt /art studio here sent a portfolio in and was accepted into this show, and asked me to put some of my stuff in with her.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Morel, do you want pics of just kids? would you like a pic of a kid on a pony? Lemme know what all you can do, and what is marketable. I think horses would be popular, I have lots of wildlife pics too, but I'm sure you do too.
I've never tried a horse...I wonder how much work that would be, and if I could even do it!