Need carmel corn recipes

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I want to make some different kinds of carmel to give as gifts this holiday season.

Was wondering if any of you have a favorite recipe, and would be willing to share.

I would like to make something like fiddle faddle, not so much like cracker jacks.

I know I can google this, but the are just so many recipes, and I thought if I could get some of yours it would be quicker.

Thanks so much.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My favorite is Easy Caramel Corn - we love this stuff! I usually make a double batch of the caramel since I tend to pop up too much popcorn.

Pop up a couple pans of popcorn, or air popped, or use 2 bags of natural flavored microwave popcorn (just not buttered). Put the popcorn on a large buttered sheet, pick out the unpopped kernels.

Now for the gooey stuff:

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 cube REAL butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Place brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and butter in a microwave safe dish. I cut up the butter into chunks so it melts better. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Take it out, stir it all together. Microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Take it out of the microwave and add the baking soda and vanilla. Stir it up and watch it bubble and foam. Then pour it over the popcorn and mix it up with a big spoon. It's hot! So don't think you should test it by popping a big chunk into your mouth right away.

The longer it sits out, the firmer it will get, but it won't ever get crunchy hard unless you bake it - 200F degrees for one hour, stiring every 15 minutes.

I usually make a double batch of caramel since I tend to pop up too much popcorn. Then I add time to the microwave cooking. Can't tell you how much though, I've made it so much I just go by the way it looks, good and bubbling for a minute or so before I add the baking soda.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Now thats what I was talking about Marianne, that sounds so good and I love the easy part.

Thank You