Need help/suggestions organizing late Grandmother's recipe collection

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
DW and my mom are big-time scrap-bookers, check.
I can do the scanning/CD work, check.

Wifezilla, thanks for the links!

Everyone else, thanks for the words of support and ideas!

I have about a month before I start working outside around the homestead, so I guess I need to be getting a game plan together now. I think I'd like to have it all wrapped by Christmas. She has some "speciality" candy recipes in there, maybe whip up enough of them to provide a "sampler" as part of the gift?

I'll share things that might be of interest as I work through it?
I'd enjoy anything you'd like to share as you go along. What a fun project!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not a "lot" of progress to date. However, my mom was up this weekend and we brainstormed ideas.

One of the thought was to prepare a half-dozen or so of the "family favorite" recipes and take good pictures of the finished product to include in the books. I have many of my grandma's cookware pieces, so that would be cool, I think.

Oh, yeah, she thinks we may have to make 9 or 10 copies of the finished books for everyone who might be interested. :th

4th of July party at my uncle's tomorrow, I may ping him for his thoughts, too.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Mom passed away a couple of years ago and I got all of her recipes. I have been scanning everything, putting them into catagories. Even on recipes cutout from mags. or newspapers, she wrote things on. I wanted to save her writings that is why I decided to scan everything. I was also going to put in family photos of cooking, get-togethers etc. also some ancedotes from family, and photos of completed recipes. My Mom also made detailed menues and notes for get-torgthers/parties with notes from after the occasion also. I am including those in a section, so if anyone would like to make a complete menu of hers they can. I was going to have it all printed up after I get it organized and also put a disc in the back so everyone can download it onto their computer also. I will be making one for my siblings, all grandchildren, and my Mom's close friends.

I had to put everything on hold because we were busy moving. We are moved now (still unpacking though) I have yet to get to the recipes, so I will probably wait until my daughter gets back from Afghanistan again so she can help me. She should be back in a couple of months.

Monica