Needles for Ivermectin?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Where does one buy needles to inject Ivermectin? DH is diabetic, and I just assumed those needles would work. But the gauge is way too small. Can't suck the stuff out.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I usually order from an equine catalog. However, you can get them at most country feed stores, including Tractor Supply.

:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Some states require a prescription.....hopefully not your state. I have to go to the neighboring state to get this kind of stuff. Or have it shipped to a friend in that state. :rolleyes:

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
18 gauge is the easiest to get Ivomec out with but you can use 20 gauge. I prefer 18 gauge for the thick stuff and 20 gauge for everything else. I order all my needles and syringes at PBS Livestock.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i use insulin syringes, partly because i need a TINY dosage for some of the dogs (3lbs 4lbs 2x5lbs 10lbs and 30lbs) it takes a few seconds to fill the syrnge with the correct dose because the guage is so small, but as long as you dont try to pull the plunger too fast it does work. you also have to be carefull about inserting the needle because they bend very easily...
here in ct you need a perscription to buy needles (even for livestock use).

i got an entire box of insulin needles (brand new and sealed) off craiglist...a guy whos diabetic cat passed away gave them to me. it worked out perfect for my use, but it does take a little longer :p