Net book or tablet?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sometime this fall-or for a Christmas present-I'm wanting either a net book or a tablet. But, I'm not sure which to get. At first I was sure I wanted a net book. They're cheaper and I know I can use it for working on the nature books I'm wanting to write as well as getting on the internet either for research or relaxation.

But, I've been seeing people doing all kinds of things w/tablets, so now I don't know. There are a few people I know that take them on nature walks and take pictures and even videos of various things they see. And, they have all kinds of apps for them that will help them (hopefully) ID a plant or bird they're not sure of. And I know you can get a keyboard for them so you can use it more like a net book. (I don't want a keyboard on the screen.) Plus, it's $10.00 cheaper per month to add to the cell phone bill.

I'm not a tech person. For those that have them, what are the pros and cons and both of them? If you were looking to get one or the other, which would you get and why?

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mother just bought the new Kindle Fire HD and it takes pictures and works very well for her and at $199.00 it is quite the deal. Hub's has the old kindle fire and it has no camera but we love playing with it.. it comes in handy for the long stays at the hospital or while stuck in traffic(for the apps that are downloaded) and it connects to wifi at many places rather easily. Oh when Grand daughter and I got stuck waiting in the car while they were fixing the tires we played angry birds and the one downloaded cartoon (I got it for free) saved me a lot of "When is it gonna be done and I don't wanna stay here Gamma" 4 year old little ones have not a lot of patience..