New 2012 USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map...Interactive

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's a really neat link. Makes it much easier to figure out what zone you're actually in if you're near a "dividing" line.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Interesting that the local extension office said we are in zone 8a and this one says 8b. :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Heh, we're still on the line between 7a and 7b!
:lol: I almost am, and it was hard to tell until this map was posted, but we are actually 7b :D

Thanks Dawn, this was really helpful! :thumbsup

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad this has been helpful! :D

We're close to the 6b/7a line and I about went blind and cross-eyed trying to figure it out until this link was posted in the newsletter. :lol:

I've been leery of growing Elephant Ears here as I thought we were in 6b and a local farm/ranch store article said they'd need to be brought indoors for winter, so I haven't bothered with them. Now I know we're in zone 7a and I can go a bit more nuts with some of the things I'd like to grow! (like I really needed help with the "going a bit more nuts" arena) :celebrate

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What's interesting to me is that there's a 6B zone in part of NJ. And, I'm almost in it! Never knew that B4. I'm in 7A. If the farm was over just a bit more, it would be in 7B.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I have decided, with the help of WBF and Marianne, that I am going to stop letting people or even the USDA tell me what I can or cannot grow! :plbb Nothing ventured, nothing gained!