Reaction score
Based on some WONDERFUL feedback we did the following:

1) Merged "wind" into "Other Power Generation - Hydro, Geothermal, etc."

Added 3 new sections:

The Tool Shed
Gardening On Your Homestead
Livestock On Your Homestead

As Kstavin mentioned in another thread:

Now if we could get a couple volunteer members to help comb the site, coordinate with us and list links to posts that need to be moved.

All they would have to do is start a thread in the new section and post links in it to threads that needed to be moved there. Then the mods could move them and get things organized much faster.
If there are any other suggestions on organization of the forum, please post them here (for example the order and the parent category of the new forums).

Thanks to everyone who helped with their ideas and suggestions. It's amazing what we can all accomplish as we work together!

:thumbsup

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks, Nifty.

Day after tomorrow, I may be able to help with combing the site for old threads that belong in The Tool Shed. Today I've got some other front-and-center priorities, and can only be on-line sporadically.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's wonderful...

Although I'm a member of backyardherds, I'm on dial-up internet so one forum is all I basically check in a day and it's almost always this one so having info on livestock here makes it more centralized and a lot easier for me... ditto for gardening :)

Thanks!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya, I've got a bit of concern about "cannibalizing" the other forums, but hopefully each will grow on its own merits.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, Nifty, even though I'm a member at BYC and another sister site, I almost never go to either of them. All of my full blown chicken addiction conversations have been posted and appreciated here. At BYC, the only threads I participated in for the most part were egg chains and Expectant parent club...but now that I'm no longer expecting I have been there even less. sorry.

Latest posts