New from Central Oklahoma

BraveTurnip

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello All
Not new to self sufficiency. Haven't anything special going on, but the little I have works well. Recent expansions in the garden and an increase in edible stocks. Also new to me: Cheekens. 7 days old as of the time of this writing.

Small City that allows cheekens but slaughter and sales is not permitted.
I have a 6 hole dynamically expandable rabbitry constantly feeding the garden beds.
I have about 700 sq ft of established garden beds and new ground covered to double that size.
I garden with a mixture of methods depending on the needs of the soil with a goal of no dig overall.
I'm a soil nut.
I am a trellis freak and known as the lady with the "hanging gardens".
Because I garden in small spaces that require a bit of enginuity and a whole lotta bunny berries.
New this year: Trellised watermelons with one melon per plant, chicken tractors and home made bird netting for them.
City requires minimum 900 sq ft of living space for birds. This is great for the birds, but not so great for my budget. I'm coming up with unique ideas to meet that code requirement and keep my birds safe in this bird sanctuary of a city.
So, I'm looking for a home to banter about all these challenges and to whisper soft wholesomeness from its efforts.

Reneefolsom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, welcome also from Oklahoma but don't have any restrictions where I'm at..

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Me Neither :) Just gotta worry about the Coyotes, Fox ,Raccoons, and Serpents getting in the Hen House

Latest posts