New from Texas!

barefootfarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey yall! New to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself. I've browsed for forum for a while and have found tons of info and advice so I thought I'd set up a profile. I'm an urban farmer, in a small suburb of Fort Worth. Of course my dream is to live on 40+ acres but I'm working with what I have for now. My awesome family consists of my beautiful wife, and our 3 children (2 girls and a boy)!

I have 6 raised garden beds (5x10) for now, a great compost heap, and a sweet rainbarrel(havent had to use water this year yet!). Currently have 24 varieties of food growing on my 1/10 acre. We have 3 egg layers (rhode island reds), and a new German Shepherd puppy. Planning to add cornish hens for meat this summer.

Love doing most anything outdoors with my family, and am really getting into self-reliance. Most importantly, I love Jesus...a lot.

Looking forward to getting to know yall!

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome from West Michigan Barefootfarmer. I look forward to hearing your stories on the meat birds. I only have dual purpose birds and always wondered about getting meatis.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome from warm and wet New Jersey.