New Gadget for my dehydrating!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hubby got me a new vacuum sealer because I had so many problems with the food saver, so excited to use it. I have been dehydrating a lot lately.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good for you. What kind did you get? We have been discussing them but they're out of our reach just now.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He got me a commercial grade one, I really hope it lasts longer than the cheaper versions. It's super fast about 5 seconds for what I have used it for so far. It is the Weston pro-2300.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I have one of those, they are great. I really like the manual mode, Congrats on a very nice machine.

I would still like to get one of the chamber models. Maybe someday.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
KOxxx how long have you had yours? Longevity? I think it only has a year on the manufacturers warranty.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We've had it for about three year. Not a single problem with it. We buy our bag rolls from Mid-Western.

We still have the old food saver, which is about 15 years old and still going.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
We've had it for about three year. Not a single problem with it. We buy our bag rolls from Mid-Western.

We still have the old food saver, which is about 15 years old and still going.
Awesome THANKS!
I have heard the older model of food savers are much better, ours was a piece of crap so I sold it at a garage sale and saved up for this one.

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Congrats on your new gadget!

I want a vacuum sealer so bad (it's on the list right behind a KA stand mixer). We borrow my in-laws on occasion. We made a big batch of breakfast burritos to freeze and it worked great for that!

I love to make jerky (and really want to make fruit leather), so I really love to be able to vacuum seal it for longer storage.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have an older food saver and just love it-if you have problems with it pulling a good vacuum just get the model number call the company and order new gaskets. I ended up getting mine for free(computer problems and the company just sent them, and didnt' take the money off my debit card.. I called them and told them so and they said that they didn't want me to resend them my card number and that the gaskets were free and if I ever needed anything to let them know) they are normally about $3 each.. made my machine run like a dream. (oh model 2350 or 2530 )

OH and congrats on the new vacpacker! lol

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been using it quite a bit, it sure is handy to have! It was the bags I hated the most with the foodsaver, it had issues but it was used when I got it, I could have tried to order parts I guess.
RobinsValleyVT I love my KA too, that would be first on my priorities if I did not have one already :D