New Glasses

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
Yeh, looked up America's Best online and nixed it :D

I'll check out that site. I just need to get a prescription.
Ahhh. We use WalMart, and then order the glasses from Zennia.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I need new glasses pretty bad also. My trouble is that my Rx is so crazy that the one hour places don't carry the lenses. I would like to just get new lenses in these frames, but it's darn near impossible to find a place that can do it quickly. I don't have a spare pair to wear if I send these frames out.

I've heard of zennia. One of my friends ordered from there. But how do you know what the frames will look like on you? :hu Do you just pick some out and hope they aren't hideous?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
I need new glasses pretty bad also. My trouble is that my Rx is so crazy that the one hour places don't carry the lenses. I would like to just get new lenses in these frames, but it's darn near impossible to find a place that can do it quickly. I don't have a spare pair to wear if I send these frames out.

I've heard of zennia. One of my friends ordered from there. But how do you know what the frames will look like on you? :hu Do you just pick some out and hope they aren't hideous?
Just swing into WalMart, or any other optical place, and try on styles.
Then follow the instructions on Zennia for ordering the correct width.
We nailed it both times,and have been super happy with how the frames have held up.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My vision is so bad I always have to spring for the really expensive lenses. :/ No matter WHERE I buy mine they are always costing me a bundle.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm looking at about $300 at Sam's. 465 if I went to LensCrafters.

:idunno This is why step daddy is going halves with me. I can afford 150.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WHOA! Geez Abi, that's as much $$ as I paid for my car!

You might want to look into that Zenni Optical place. I looked at it last night and it seems very reasonable, that is, if you can get your lenses there.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
WHOA! Geez Abi, that's as much $$ as I paid for my car!

You might want to look into that Zenni Optical place. I looked at it last night and it seems very reasonable, that is, if you can get your lenses there.
Lenses are part of the deal at Zennia.
You get the script from your eye doctor, and then input the numbers when you order from Zennia.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is great! I need new glasses as mine are so badly scratched up they're almost unusable. I haven't gotten new lenses because it's been well over a year since I got these and I don't want to pay for another exam. My prescription hasn't changed in years. I'm calling the place I went last time and getting my old prescription so I can order these.

Anyone know of a website like this for contact lenses?