New Here

kitkatnoah

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I joined this site after discovering it on backyardchickens, and I must say, I was instantly mesmerized by the forum! I didn't set out to roll my own homemade products, but like I said, I was mesmerized, so I set out to make laundry soap. Boy, am I glad I did (so is my hubby) because I NEVER knew just how much money I was spending to purchase laundry soap every couple of weeks (this is why my hubby is so happy that I'm making our soap now). So, I was telling some friends about making my own detergent and before I knew it, I was in charge of a "Make Your Own Laundry Detergent" party at our next get together. Now, my hubby and I research on how to make our own products, which we've done a lot of, and we like the money we've been saving. For instance, we bought a deep freezer and now I go to the butcher for all our meats since we've discovered that it was much cheaper than the grocery store! We also now shop at our local farmers market to support our local farmers (this from the money we've been saving from making our laundry soap!) Anyways, I just wanted to say to you all a big THANK YOU for all the wonderful ideas each of you post on here.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow
Way to go on the detergent party!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:frow Welcome!
I am looking forward to hearing what you are up to next.

Latest posts