New member here!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. Love to see people trying to continue the ways of being self reliant and not afraid of the work it takes. Good to have you with us.

My paternal grandma's crochet work was EVERYWHERE. :D :love I mean doilies, bedspreads, tablecloths, long winters. :lol: Beautiful stuff. A lefty would have challenges as most instructions I've seen show right handed.

If you've read thru some posts, you'll see a lot of us have the gardens, chickens, milk & meat goats, etc. A lot of sharing goes on here.

i wanted my friendly neighbor lady to teach me how to do tatting, but that never worked out - i had a friend years ago who was a very big muscular macho type guy with the full beard, etc. he would sit places in public and tat and got some of the most interesting comments. i thought it was funny, but i also liked the complexity and artistry of it.

welcome to SS! you are a bit further north than i am here in mid-Michigan but i used to live in the UP of MI so i'm familiar enough with the cold north. :)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Wisconsin!
Looking forward to hearing more of what you are doing.
I lived in Eau Claire for about 7 years. Actually, I was closer to Cadott, and we had 10 acres out in the country.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas. We live on 8 acres. We have hair sheep, laying hens, right now 45 Cornish Cross meat chicks, 3 horses, and 5 Livestock Guard dogs. Took feeder pigs to slaughter, picked up meat today. We raise a garden and I can, freeze and dehydrate. Living the good life! LOL

We have a great bunch of folks here, we share what we know and are always glad to learn more. Many of us here are semi preppers, it’s a way of life. When the garden is in, you put it up for the winter. Of course your winter is waaay different from mine!

Hardknockshomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Wisconsin!
Looking forward to hearing more of what you are doing.
I lived in Eau Claire for about 7 years. Actually, I was closer to Cadott, and we had 10 acres out in the country.
I love Wisconsin! Our winters are harsh, but I try to see the winter as a time to slow down and catch my breath before things get busy and chaotic in the spring again!
Being a homesteader, it seems like there's never quite enough money, always too much to do, and not enough time to do it!
It sure is nice to be a part of this community of others like me. Like I said, I look forward to learning from members with more experience at self sufficiency.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You can't forget: Construction Season!
that one makes going anywhere an interesting adventure. "I know that road was open when I went through this morning"

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Haha! Yep. I've been told that the name Or-E-Gon is an American Indian word for "Land of Eternal Road Repair"

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if everyone gets their own jetpacks then we can all bop around with big balloons around us to protect us in case we bump into someone else Up There[tm] as we bop about. :) no more road repair needed.

Latest posts