New Member Introductions Section? Where???

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I need some smart people feedback (ok and some feedback from a few of you that may not qualify) ;) :D

On BYC we have a "New Member Introductions" section. It's a great place for brand new members to post a little about themselves and get welcomed into the community.

We need to have one here and I was going to just create them, but I realized that we already have:

Member's "Self Sufficient Living" Journals
Me & My Self Sufficient Family
Where Am I - Where Are You?

There's already a bit of overlap there, so adding yet another "about me" type of section would be even more confusing.

I'm thinking about converting one of those sections to ALSO include "new member introductions". My first thought was to add it to Journals, like this:

New Member Introductions & Journals

... but then wondered if "Me & My Self Sufficient Family" would be better fit / match?

What do y'all think?

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My vote is "Me & My Self Sufficient Family"

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I honestly feel its already covered. Lots of us welcome newbees.
They can post wherever they feel their initial post best fits and if we just scroll all the way down, we'd all see the latest posts anyway, so we'd be able to welcome them from there, rather than go to each individual section.....as I used to do.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming!

What we've found in our experiments is that new members need a very clearly defined place to post an introduction and we need to direct them to a specific location in the welcome email. We can do this with any of the existing sections or with some changes.

... let's definitely keep the discussion and ideas flowing!

:thumbsup