NEW MEMBER!!!!!

Chicken_Crazy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello to all from England!! I am a fairly new chicken owner and currently have 3. I also have other pets such as; 1 cat, 1dog and a horse!
Not sure if you will accept me as i dont have that many pets.....
My personal aim would be to find out more about all sorts of animals and how they provide us with different types of food products. I love to do rps if that is such a thing on here.... :hide
Very good to talk with and happy to start a conversation about anything really!
Can't wait to get started on this website.

Thanks a bunch!

Welcome! I just joined yesterday to see what kind of sustainable and self-sufficient tidbits I can learn from others.

I am currently reading "The Good Life" by Helen and Scott Nearing. They lived on a homestead for sixty years, starting in 1932. They never once owned any livestock or pets and actually made it into some sort of vegetarian hall of fame for being an activist for vegetarianism before it was even mainstream. The lived on only what they could grow and their primary source of income was from selling maple syrup!

My point is, you're accepted with or without pets. We are all on the same journey, but may take different paths to get there :) I have chickens myself. They are the best.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:welcome
There are no requirements for joining us here at Sufficient Self, welcome to the site.
Not sure what "rps" is, if it is Role Playing Stories like I think it is, there is some of that going on at the sister site Backyard Chickens.

Chicken_Crazy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome! I just joined yesterday to see what kind of sustainable and self-sufficient tidbits I can learn from others.

I am currently reading "The Good Life" by Helen and Scott Nearing. They lived on a homestead for sixty years, starting in 1932. They never once owned any livestock or pets and actually made it into some sort of vegetarian hall of fame for being an activist for vegetarianism before it was even mainstream. The lived on only what they could grow and their primary source of income was from selling maple syrup!

My point is, you're accepted with or without pets. We are all on the same journey, but may take different paths to get there :) I have chickens myself. They are the best.
oh wow! thats really interesting!! Yes chickens are just amazing arent they what with their hilarious acts and strange but cute ways of life...*goes into daydream*.....

Chicken_Crazy

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:welcome
There are no requirements for joining us here at Sufficient Self, welcome to the site.
Not sure what "rps" is, if it is Role Playing Stories like I think it is, there is some of that going on at the sister site Backyard Chickens.
Yes rp is role play but never mind i can get by without it! :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! We are delighted to have you here!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome.

We have all manner of people in our group. Self reliance is a goal -- with or without a garden or animals. You will find that many of us have, or had, many of each. It often depends on your own place in your life, your beliefs and your abilities/desire for those things. For some it is a matter of cutting back on expenses, others all out DIYers. :D It's all good. Some live (or relive) experiences vicariously. A lot of good info is found here.

Latest posts