Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new here, Farmerchick turned me on to this place after I left another forum that did not really suit my lifestyle very much. This seems to be the place for me after going thru & reading a lot of postings & threads. We live in the central desert of Az on 1 1/4 acres. But we have 40 acres up in the White mtns we plan to move to some day. We have 3 children 2 boys & 1 girl. A few animals & more chickens coming next week. We have a garden & 2 orange trees for now, we plan on planting a lot more citrus & fruit trees over the next 3 yrs to be even more self sufficient. We homeschool 1 child right now as one is grown & on his own(so to speak) & the little one is only 2.
I hope to learn a lot more about sufficient living here & hopefully I can share a little of my knowledge too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HEY glad to see you could make it here. Happy to be chatting with you again on a forum! :)

jump right in ! lots to discuss and start some new threads if you have some great ideas!!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! How cool...orange trees! What a treat that would be to see everyday and pick from! :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Welcome to SS!!! Everyone is sooo cool here, you'll love it! Lots of great ideas, and fun stories...woohoo!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great welcomes. This really looks like a great site & good people too.
The orange trees are great. They are valencia's so they do not ripen until usually April/May. But this yr because our nights were so cool until the end of June they just ripened up in Aug. I am ready to start picking them & juice them, plus I am going to make some marmalade out of them for my dad for Christmas.

Latest posts