New to Sufficient Self

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
:welcome

We were in Harris County for about 15 years, but back in Ohio now. Don't be afraid to jump in and chat, post a question, etc.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:welcome From Mississippi.

And everyone knows I'm nuts. Just ask my neighbors.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome to the group! I lived in Texas for about 10 years though it seemed like 100. Still have lots of family there which is as good a reason as any not to ever go back. LOL!

backporchcomfort

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to this forum, although I've been reading many of your posts over the last few weeks.

I currently hail from Rockford, IL (downtown), but am originally from a small farm in Virginia. With the pseudo-cooperation of my family, I am slowly working towards becoming as self sufficient as possible in order to reduce my dependency on money and remove myself from corporate America. I have a DH, DS, DD, 4 dogs, and finally a plot of land in the city on which to start growing my own food. I look forward to reading as much as I can of all your posts.

One question - has anyone here challenged their city council in order to have chickens on their property? If so, how'd it go? Any tips you could offer?

~ Liz

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi Liz! :frow Welcome to the forum!

I've never had to challange the city council to have chickens, sorry.

You might want to start your own thread on the subject, you will be able to get more answers that way.

Glad you joined!