New to the forum

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself. I am living off the grid in a rural place, solar, gravity flow water, passive solar house in a mild climate. Lots of critters messing with all of it! Still some installations to commit to. Hoping to learn more and looking forward to meeting you all. Leigh

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
thanks frustratedartmother. I'm just out here doing it, probably learned most things the hard way. I can sure tell folks what *not* to do!! :) sorry, make that frustratedearthmother!!

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:welcome
Well, is sounds like you are in the midst of doing what many of here are either doing to one extent or another or wishing they did!
Do tell us more about your homestead and what you are doing!
We hope to hear a lot from you on the adventure you are pursing. :thumbsup
Please keep us informed as to what you are doing, how you are being challanged and what you are doing to make life the way you want it.
We're all here to share that...:woot

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in self sufficiency!

Daffodils At The Sea

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I like the way everyone here is thinking about how to live the way they want. This can't be a mindless lifestyle, and it takes a lot of practical knowledge to work. I like the work because it's good exercise, and it gives my mind a workout. I've had my moments of just sitting down and crying my eyes out in frustration, but then some other hair-brained idea comes to mind and off I go. But I am still in awe of you folks in a real winter. I don't know that I'd ever manage it under those circumstances, but because nothing freezes here, it's 24/7 critters and no excuse to take a day off!! :)