New to the forum

kenandheidicorcran

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi everyone, We are new to the forum and need some advice as to how to navigate and put quotes and pictures into our posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:welcome I can tell you about food stuff, goats, and other critters....but not about computer stuff....someone will be along before too long to help you out.

Meanwhile, welcome!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome.

I am not all that great at quotes but I use the upload feature at the top of the page for pictures. It works just fine for me.

You just need to check the box to down size your pic once you select it. Then upload and when it's done copy and past link on your post. Some people use photo hosting sites but I don't.

I hope this helps. G

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you want to quote another person's post, then you just click the "quote" option next to reply. If you want to quote something not from this site, when click "reply" you can see the options above the window. It goes Bold, Italics, Underline, Image, and quote. Click quote,

(quote) (/quote) and you see these. Put your words in the middle.

Then they show up like this!
I hope that's what you were looking for. Oh, and :welcome

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
kenandheidicorcran said:
Hi everyone, We are new to the forum and need some advice as to how to navigate and put quotes and pictures into our posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
For Quotes, select the "Quote" tool at the bottom right of a message. The entire message is the copied to your box to write your message.

If you would prefer not to post the entire quote, you can edit out the parts that don't apply, as in the example below.

kenandheidicorcran said:
Hi everyone,
For photos, select the Img button at the top of the box for entering posts. Then, two sets of brackets will appear, one with an "i" and the second with a "/i" between the two sets of brackets, type or paste the link to your photo. I use photobucket to store my photos and then past a direct link to them into the message.

Sunrise.jpg

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:welcome

I am technology challanged myself - so I sure am glad everyone else answered your questions.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome I hope you find everything your area looking for on here. These are really a great group of fokes and the seem to know quite a deal about a lot of different things. If you have not already be sure to check out byc, the easy garden and back yard herds. A lot of the same people are on all of then and a lot of times you can find more specialized answers to some questions on the other sites that are designed for those subject. Hope you have fun and see you around the place :frow

kenandheidicorcran

Power Conserver
Reaction score
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to everyone who replied to our post. I think we have it figured out now. We're on our way!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :woot :welcome Just play around with the features and you eventually figure it out or shout out to the computer geniuses on here! Nice to have you here. :)